Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mission II

Three years ago, as I was going through the second biggest love loss in my life thus far, I turned to writing. Shortly after, "New York Love" was born. Unbeknownst to myself, the following years became the most important to my personal and spiritual growth. I found what I was looking for all along. It was the power of love I already had inside me. I opened my heart and let love surround me from inside out. The results were amazing: I started attracting more positive and loving people into my life, the world was becoming friendlier by day, and most importantly, a loving relationship I was craving for finally entered my life.

I thought myself the luckiest gal in this whole NY galaxy.
However, after a year of basking in a loving bliss, I started feeling restless again. Now, I am not saying something was wrong. In fact, my life never was such a smooth sail before. However, I started looking beyond my own well-being. I started asking myself: What am I doing to make a difference in this world? What purpose do I have?

I truly believe when we are in a healthy relationship we are encouraged to look beyond ourselves, to expand our reach. So here I am, in a loving relationship with a partner who inspires me to look beyond myself, spread my love around, and find my true purpose.

First, it comes as a shock to those of us who've spent all their twenties building career in the corporate world, only to discover later that it was all wrong, completely off path. I do feel grateful for certain things that my career in the corporate world gave me: financial independence, wonderful people I met along the way, camaraderie, and security of a monthly check. However, increasingly I start feeling withdrawn from its culture, realizing that there is more to life than working for someone else, longing to make a real difference in this world.

I am sure in this age, a lot people start feeling disconnected from their jobs. We are the most evolved society, and longing for authenticity is not a surprise or a rare occurrence these days. Yes, initially I was shocked to discover that after all this years of working on my career, I was actually drifting further away from my true purpose. I wasn't living my passions, I wasn't living my own life. Yet, I was grateful for this awareness. I had a glimpse of what my life would be like if I never worked a day in my life because I LOVED what I did. I started craving for my true path.

So here I am, embarking on a new mission to find my true calling, and inviting you to join me. We all deserve to create our own lives, to find our own truth.

Summary
Mission: Find true calling, follow my bliss, make a difference;
Agent: Determined female in her early thirties, tired of working for someone else, ready to become her own boss;
Current situation: working in the corporate world; not being able to quit before another stable source of income materializes;
Resources: my own hunger for knowledge; inspirations from others, personal motivation;
Method: by exploring various passions and methods to find a personally, spiritually and financially rewarding career. Action-oriented but still connected to the wisdom within.
Test control: By documenting my endeavors on the blog, and drawing logical and relevant conclusions.
Start: start where I am and keep going.




No comments:

Post a Comment