Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dare Yourself, Rebuilding bridges

If you recall, last week I started a new series to dare myself to do things that seemed impossible to do, I didn't want to do, or they simply never crossed my mind. Purpose is to break the routine (which is one of the biggest enemies to our growth), to venture new areas, to learn more about myself, to expand my boundaries, etc.
Since then I've been thinking and thinking what possibly could I do. Am I not already doing enough that I make myself almost collapse at the end of the week?
If you think I'm entertaining a thought of bungee jumping or sky diving, you are giving me too much credit my friends. Don't forget, I am Miss Perfect, so finding myself at a dive bar on a Saturday night with a big glass of beer would be one of the most outrageous things I could do..
So no, I am not thinking of those extreme things that rush your blood to the head. I am more about doing beautiful things, that are pleasant to my body and soul, things that let my soul expand and fill with love and fun. What can I say, though looking to break the routine I still want to stay true to myself :)

Anyway, as I was pondering on many ideas (volunteering, waking up at 5am to make it to an early yoga class, trying speed dating, approaching a guy and asking him out on a date, having a friendly lunch with my ex (what was I smoking:) and many more) one brilliant idea did come to my mind, and it was regarding a long time friend.

We were friends for many years, and over a year ago we had a fall out. I think we just got too close at some point and became somewhat like an old couple. Besides, both of us experienced some personal dramas that were too much to handle. Not that we had a fight but we just felt that we needed some space and time to be on our own. It was strange at first, but time flew by and we hardly had any contact. We were not ready to reconnect.
So I thought of her and during my yoga practice I felt that I wanted to reconnect again, and she still holds a special place in my heart. For me, distance and time don't kill true love. And then the most amazing thing happened. She called me. She called me first. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I do believe that on a spiritual plane, we are all connected. And if we share a special strong bond with someone (and it's mutual), we can sense each other. Usually subconsciously. But we still do, and this is the most amazing part about love and connection. When mutual and real, it stands no time or hurdle. It comes through and warms your heart again, even if you thought it wasn't possible ;)
Cherish those bonds and don't take them for granted.

P.S. pictures: She is in a passionate red (Shakira she is), I am in a breezy blue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment