Monday, August 22, 2011

Time alone - precious time

I have a little end-of-the-day ritual which I try do at least once a week, all by myself. On that day, I have no plans after work, I usually go to the Central Park, or gym, basically do something that relaxes me. Whatever it is, it has to be time alone.  Then I go home and unwind my way..
I was able to do it tonight and felt compelled to share it with you. It is so important to value the time spent alone, and make the most of it. To live life fully, you need to make best friends with yourself, and the time spent alone will never feel lonely. You're happy, you're with your best friend..
So tonight, after a run at the gym, I got home at a reasonable hour and had those 2 hours that I need to unwind. I put on my sexy slip, have a glass of Pinot Noir in bed while being online listening to Jazz. I love old school jazz, a la Glenn Miller Orchestra, or vocals such as Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra. I always had affection for old school things, probably has to do with mine being an old soul :) or simply a love for romance.. whatever..
This time alone makes me feel whole and complete, I feel connected. I want to share this with you as I truly believe that you get most connected when by yourself. And the most magical things happen when you're connected. You are happy no matter what the circumstances are. You are simply happy to be you.

If you know what I mean and practice it, good for you. If you don't, I would advise you go on an exciting journey of discovering who you are. Falling in love with yourself. Making best friends with yourself. In the end, only when you love your own company will others appreciate it too.

Love and blessings!!



No comments:

Post a Comment