Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Most Important Love

"Figuring out who you are is the whole point of the human experience" -- Anna Quindlen.

This post is an addition to the previous one where I stressed on importance of making friends with yourself. Very often we are our own worst critic, we beat ourselves up, criticize, and even hate sometimes. I know I'd felt/done those hurtful actions to myself. That is before I figured out that I am really the only one who will always be there for me, seriously Till death do us part. You can't argue with that :)
If you think about it, you are with yourself 24/7, and after all this time together we still manage to be anything other than loving to ourselves. Maybe because we get too much of ourselves and need a break? Then get out of your head, meditate, whatever makes you shift your focus.
But the most important thing is to find passion for yourself, to learn what makes you tick, to look for things that please you. I am constantly discovering new things about myself and am very excited when it's something completely out of the blue. Like 2 years ago I had no idea that I would love running so much. That I'd feel a great sense of freedom when horse back riding. That I would write a blog and love it. and so on and so on.
Look for new things, have fun doing it. If you develop this love and appreciation from within, the Universe will match it. You'll have more people who appreciate you, you'll see better treatment wherever you go. Your life will change. For it has to, once you love yourself you won't accept anything other than respect and appreciation.
Sometimes I would tell some of my friends who struggled finding the love for themselves. Imagine that you have a daughter (or son, it's easier to imagine a daughter as we tend to be more protective of girls) and how you would love her and never let anything bad happen to her. No bad people, no bad jobs, no bad boy-friends. And then apply that same approach to yourself. Really if you think about it, that little girl is the part of you and needs your TLC :)
So please find ways to love yourself. Start a journey of learning about yourself, and expect that it will be a lifetime journey. Lastly, the more you know yourself the less you'll wonder why your life isn't treating you right.

I am wishing you all realize that you are the only one who will always be there for you. Just that fact alone deserves unconditional love and appreciation on your part.

No comments:

Post a Comment